Not wanting to be left out of the cash-cow that is the Spitzer scandal, the Macon Music have announced Eliot Spitzer Night at Luther Williams Field. The problem is that the Music's season doesn't start until May 15th. And further adding to the questionable timing of the event Eliot Spitzer Night will not be held until June 13th. Lets put this timing debacle to the side for a minute and look at what the Music have in store.
1. The Music have extended an invitation for former New York Governor Spitzer to be on hand and throw out the first pitch
(Keep dreaming boys)-AA
2. The team will give away a New York Vacation including a one night stay at the MayFlower Hotel
(hmm…well I’d take that.)-AA
3. Client #9 (or fan #9) will receive a free Music prize pack
(I get it)-AA
4. Any fan with the name Eliot, Spitzer, or “Kristen” along with any fan from New York will receive $1 off admission
(A Yahoo! White page search showed no residents with the last name Spitzer, but I’m shure all the Eliots and Kristens will cash in)-AA
5. The Music will play Frank Sinatra music throughout the evening in honor of New York
6. Wire Taps will be placed throughout the ballpark this evening
(What does that even mean?)-AA
7. ATMs will be available for cash withdrawals not to exceed $5,000 per hour
8. Any fan who has resigned their position will be given $1 off admission
(This is getting out of hand.)-AA
9. The 871 fan will receive a gift certificate for the Macon Music Team store.
(Well that’s nice)-AA
It’s pretty clear that the Music are trying to get their name out in this publicity stunt, and it’s working. So I applaud you Macon Music, milk this thing for all its worth.